Get a Marine Insurance Quote

The Marina Shop offers no obligation quotes for Blue Water Marine Insurance (minimum of 2 experienced persons onboard), Coastal and Public Liability Insurance (also called 3rd Party). All our underwriters are 'A' rated, well known, international insurers experienced in marine insurance. Just select the type of boat or marine insurance you require, click the appropriate button and fill in the form. The Easy Save feature allows you to save your data at any time and return to the form when you wish. All you need to do is register and logon. For your convenience there’s a feature whereby you can upload documents such as surveys and sailing resumes as you work through the proposal. 

Types of Insurances

  • Blue Water Marine Insurance provides cover for ocean passages from clearing customs on departure and arrival at your final destination. Blue Water marine insurance can be for cruising holidays or ocean voyages.
  • Coastal Marine Insurance provides cover within defined areas such as the Mediterranean or around the coast of countries such as, for example, Australia or New Zealand
  • Public Liability (otherwise called 3rd Party) provides cover for damage to other people's boats and structures. This insurance is now mandatory for most marinas and hard stands. Public Liability Insurance is available for NZ Coastal waters at the following prices:                 12 months - NZ$430; 8 months - NZ$355; 6 months - NZ$305; 1 month - NZ$165 and 12 months (Ferro Hull) - NZ$565. Other locations are subject to a quote based on the Blue Water proposal. Please read the ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Public Liability Insurance. Liability Insurance is not available to Autralian, Canadian and USA flagged vessels.
  • Travel Medical Insurance provides international emergency care including specialised benefits such as evacuation cover
  • If in doubt please contact us. We are here to help 24/7